Intensive Training Workshops
Participants may receive credit toward Certification in the Lister-Sink Method if they so choose.
I. Upcoming Workshops
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the 2021 June Intensive Workshop will be offered VIRTUALLY!
June 7-12, 2021
Barbara Lister-Sink, Ed.D., Director & Instructor
Susan Perkins, MM, MAmSAT, Alexander Technique Instructor
For information, contact David Holter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To develop injury-preventive, well-coordinated technique of the whole body with the instrument
- To understand the biomechanics of playing, through analytical and kinesthetic exploration of basic anatomy
- To develop optimal skeletal alignment and efficient muscle use at the instrument
- To discover & eliminate habitual inefficient body-use patterns
- To learn the Basic Stroke™ — the fundamental sensations and coordinations of sound production — through the Lister-Sink Method
- To explore the application of the Basic Stroke™ to incrementally complex repertoire
III. Training Schedule
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Review of personal pianistic history and technical evaluation
- Daily small-group instruction in the Lister-Sink Method
- Daily individualized technical instruction
- Daily whole-body work (eg. Alexander Technique)
- Private instruction with Barbara Lister-Sink
- Other group activities include:
- Discussion of the history of keyboard technique
- Viewing & analyzing videos of contemporary and legendary pianists
- Discussion of pedagogical issues, repertory & progressive steps after the Basic Stroke
$425 + $50 Application Fee (non-refundable)
Need-based scholarships and payment plans are available. For more information, please visit the Lister-Sink Foundation.
To reserve a spot in an upcoming workshop, please complete the