Click on any of the following articles to read, download, or print a PDF copy, using our Firebird™ Viewer.
Peer-Reviewed Articles by Dr. Lister-Sink
- Rethinking Technique — Published in the 1994 May/June issue of Clavier.
- Sarah —A Grass-Roots American Musical Profile: A Case Study in Confused Values — Published in the 1993 August/September issue of the America Music Teacher & excerpts delivered at the 1991 Annual Meeting of the National Association of School of Music in Orlando, Florida as part of the topic “All One System.”
- Joy Through Balance: Musical Ecology and Kindermusik — Presentation given to The Path: Kindermusik Music Teacher Association, Summer 1992.
- Essential Skills for Promoting a Lifelong Love of Music and Music Making — Published in the 2005 April/May issue of the American Music Teacher.
- MTNA National Conference 2008 Handout — This document was created by Barbara Lister-Sink for a panel discussion on “Enlightened Keyboard Technique” for the 2008 Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) Annual Conference held in Denver, Colorado.
- Playing-Related Injury — The Dark Side of Our Profession and How You Can Help — American Music Teacher, February/March, 2015.
- The Essentials of Healthful Biomechanics for the Pianist — National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy (NCKP) Proceedings, 2015.
Articles Published by Lister-Sink’s Students
- Developing a Healthful Playing Technique – Christopher Jennings — Published in the 2014 November issue of The Journal of the Association of Anglican Musicians.